I am new to the world of Document Imaging and Capture in general. As of this year it has been one of the things I think and talk about most. Over dinner with my family and in the car I often share things about what I do and how it helps people. My 11-year-old daughter shares some of her ideas on why capture is important and helpful in her life.
1. Art work and keep sakes from over the years can be scanned and kept forever!
2. Art work and photos can be scanned and shared with grandparents, family, and friends with ease and speed.
3. She doesn’t have to make multiple copies she can make one piece of art and share it with endless people.
4. She can upload pictures and art to her blog and Facebook.
5. If she captures art and uploads it to our family blog, we will have it forever from anywhere she has access to the internet all over the world.
6. She can scan things she works on that parents would make her throw away. i.e.( Homemade I Love Justin Bieber Posters)
7. It helps make space in her room
8. It is green and “everyone” is doing it!
9. She can scan something and email it her parents for our approval in a matter of seconds instead of waiting till we get home to read the document on the fridge (or forget to read it at all)
10. She can look at memories from second grade school work when she wants vs, having to ask if Dad if he will get the 2nd Grade Memory Box out of the garage ? (The answer is always “not today”)
10. If we ever had a flood in the garage she would still have the memories that are precious to all of us.
After thinking about the things that are important to an 11-year-old, I realized that these same things carry over to the business world.
Capturing Data is important for these reasons:
- Save’s Money and Save’s Time
- Save’s Space
- Disaster Recovery
- Productivity Gains
- Customer Satisfaction
- Regulatory Compliance
- Green Initiatives
Sometimes thinking of things through a child’s eyes simplifies the process. Children help us to see things much clearer.
“The complex develops out of the simple.” – Collin Wilson
Check Out the new i-phone app for ILINX ® Capture
Geetha French- ECMP